Friday, September 9, 2016

Life in Dallas

Slide the City Dallas

The pictures are pretty self explanatory. There was a bridge that the city blocked off where they inserted a large slip-and-slide. When you got to the top of the hill, they handed you a bag with some keepsakes, which included the mouth guard. I figured I would get the most for my money and use it. Why not?
We only paid to go down the slide once, which good thing we did since a couple of the tubes popped. I wish there would have been more stuff we could have done there but it was still fun and worth it.



Pete's Piano Bar

I have actually gone here a couple times and both times were with my coworkers. I am not a big fan of going to bars to sit around in a loud area and try to hold a conversation. This bar, however, is an interactive bar which makes it more entertaining. There are two pianos at the front with tables in a half-circle around them. There doesn't seem to be a bad spot to sit in the whole bar. They play popular songs from all generations while mostly catering to the millennial generation. They also have Jello shots that are in a syringe which as nurses we HAD to get those. Plus it makes drinking more fun when you can pull up other drinks into the syringe, duh.



Katy Trail

I always like to find a good walking trail and now that there are no lakes its hard to do. When I googled "trails in Dallas" this is what I found. The drive was about 30 minutes, if it wasn't for that I would go here more often. This trail is where an old railroad use to run and instead of taking away the tracks and letting nature take its course, the city paved the trail to make it into a running/biking trail. It was a nice trail but there was construction going on in the buildings around it. Maybe I just walked the wrong way but it kind of took away from the tranquility of the walk. Of course I brought Sequoia along for the fun and at the end of our walk together there was a restaurant with a nice dog friendly patio where we had lunch. Jason insisted that we buy Sequoia her own lunch, so we got her a hot dog. He is such a sucker for her.




101 things to do in 1001 days: Do 3 things unique to Dallas

No comments:

Post a Comment