Friday, September 9, 2016

Exploring New Resturants

1. Waffle house 11/07/2015
It was something Jason and I have drove past all the time since it is right by our place. I have heard of it before but we do not have any in Minnesota (that I know of anyway). It was a cute little place that reminded me of old town diner. The food was good but nothing special.



2. Enzo NY Pizzeria 12/01/2015
My husband and I were feeling like Pizza, but wanted something different than the usual takeout. We found this online and thought we would try it out. The atmosphere was really nice. We found out that we drive past this area on the way to the gym. It is a cute little square of buildings with a grass area out front. Pizza was pizza which was good. I got Spinach Alfredo and Pepperoni and my husband got two Pepperoni. We like our basic foods/we are picky.


3. Peacon Lodge 7/02/2016
This was the restaurant I thought about when I made this "thing to do".  It is located in Deep Ellum  of Dallas so it consisted of a special trip. Apparently, this is the place to go for barbecue in the Dallas area. I asked multiple people at work where to go for some good barbecue and they all brought up this place. The line was about a 45 minute wait to order food but once you ordered it came out in about 5 minutes. While you were waiting in line there was news reports and stories of how this place came to be. There was a picture of Guy Fieri from the food network visiting this restaurant. I am on the picky side when it comes to food so I try not to set the bar too high but the food met and exceed my expectations. I went here with my sister and she liked it so much she brought her husband and brother-in-law back another time.



4. Kenny's Burger Joint 08/06/2016
This was another place that was brought up by one of my coworkers when I asked about good food in the area. He suggested this burger place that has lots of unique burgers. I think it is hard to go wrong with a burger, so I took him up on this offer. I went with my husband, my sister, and my brother-in-law. I got the black and blue burger that has cajun spices and blue cheese dressing on top. They also had some good parmesan fries on the side. There was a burger that had queso cheese on top but I got nervous ordering that one since the server said its so messy you had to eat it with a fork and knife. Who eats a burger with a fork and knife? Maybe next time...


5. Maggiano's Little Italy 8/29/2016
My hubby and I went here for our first Anniversary. I have heard about it from multiple people and noticed it was a big chain. I am always hesitant to go to any Italian restaurant besides Olive Garden because I love that place so much. I always get Fettuccine Alfredo when I have Italian, but I always compare to Olive Garden which it never compares. So this time I wanted to try something different. I tried the baked zitti and I wish I would have just gotten Fettichine :/ But you never know till you try. Who knows, it could have been the next best things. Then we ended the meal with a cheesecake that was AMAZING!






101 things to do in 1001 days: Go to 5 Restaurants I have never been to before.




No comments:

Post a Comment