Saturday, September 3, 2016

Harry Potter

SPOILER ALERT! I will be talking in detail about some points in the books and movies.

I did it! 4,175 pages later, I read all of the Harry Potter books! I think that doubled the amount of reading I have done in my lifetime. My sister talked me into reading the books. I was not very excited to read them since I had already watched all the movies, but she convinced me. I remembered the first two movies very well so the first couple of books were not very entertaining to me. However, after the first two movies the rest of the movies I only remembered small details from. I am not the best at following movies, so I must have gotten confused and did not cling on to much information. Every once in a while, I remembered stuff as it happened or I remembered how the book ended but I did not remember the details working up to it. I knew some of the big events such as Sirius was actually Harry's Godfather who eventually dies, Snape is actually good but ends up dying, Dumbledore dies, and Harry some how dies comes back to life and defeats Voldemort. Everything else in between was a mystery to me.



It was no wonder I got lost in the movies. There were so many details in the books that it would be hard to fit all of that in a movie. When my sister handed me the fourth book, I was in shock. How could someone read a book that was 800 pages for fun? The first 3 books were normal sized and then she brought me a book that could just about fit the first three books in one book. I admit, it took me awhile to motivate myself to even start that book.



Lupin quickly became my favorite teacher and member of the Order. I don't remember him very much in the movies and I definitely did not remember him dying, so that obviously came as a shock to me. I thought I knew everyone that was going to die. I also didn't remember Mad-Eye being an imposter in The Goblet of Fire, and I don't remember him dying either, but I wasn't as attached to him as I was to Lupin. And Dobby. Poor Dobby. He grew on me in the books since they talked about him more. I forgot all about his death. RIP little elf. RIP.

So now that I am a Harry Potter "Fan". Who wants to go to London and Harry Potter World?!?


101 things to do in 1001 days: Read all the Harry Potter Books

No comments:

Post a Comment